Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspired by Love

Today I was inspired by a quote I found.

"What you love is a sign from your higher self of what you are to do."
Sanaya Roman


When I was younger I knew I always had a passion for reading. Sometimes, I stifled my dream by pursuing a career more stable, more reliable like education. Looking back all I ever wanted to do was read books. When I had sleep overs I would encourarge my friends to have a reading hour. As I grew up and I was joyriding with friends, while they were listening to music, I was on the passenger side reading a book. When I went to College I found myself easily buying books instead of buying clothes. At home fedex or ups was always delivering a book from Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble. Many Saturdays I would stop at Borders to get my quick book fix for the weekend.

What am I saying? I am saying I absolutely love books! I love everything about them! How they feel in my hand, the smell of the page, the snap of a cover. How they look on my bookcase. I am completely infatuated with them. Infatuated is too light of a word. I am simply in love with books.

So taking this quote as truth. What am I to do with a love for reading books? I guess what I am doing now by reviewing books. Maybe one day I will be an author, and I will write a few bestsellers! Or maybe I will pen a book of award winning poetry, or compilation of inspiring essays. The sky is the limit!!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment